You’ve heard about shilajit and how it might be able to increase your quality of life. But does it really work, and what are the true benefits of shilajit?
As mentioned on the homepage of this site, the list of the benefits of shilajit is extraordinary. There are a great number of research supported positive health benefits of shilajit, and the traditional Ayurvedic benefits associated with shilajt are even greater in number.
Traditionally, Shilajit was believed to be a use for general restorative tonic and medicine, meaning it helped to fight a range of illness and is also taken to maintain good health. It was given as a medicine to cure common colds, it was taken as a daily supplement in the morning with warm milk or water, and was especially recommended to boost sexual health and performance.
Classical ayurvedic literature also describes shilajit as a true rasayana, or an alchemical compound that did not require any modification, and when found in nature was already in a form to create great healing. A great many claims about the powers of shilajit ayurveda have been proclaimed throughout the years… even going so far as to claim it as a cure for cancer. In this article we’ll focus on the facts, instead of covering unconfirmed and unlikely claims.
5 Shilajit Health Benefits You Can’t Ignore:
- Anti-inflammation. Shilajit can have a huge impact on your health if you are achey, sore, have arthritis, or rheumatism. You will go from feeling elderly and slow to feeling that spark of youthful energy again. Use daily for best results.
- Memory and Mind. Shilajit has nootropic properties, which means it helps to clear brain fog and increase memory, comprehension, and ability to focus of the task at hand.
- Fertility. Shilajit has been proven in scientific studies to increase fertility for both men and women. For men, sperm quality and count saw drastic increases after taking shilajit for a period of 8 weeks. For women, egg quality and better regulation of menstrual cycles was documented. See below for more fertility information.
- Stress Reducer. Because of shilajit’s androgen-like properties, it helps to balance out stress-causing hormones, making it easier for both your mind AND body to deal with stress signals in a healthier, calmer manner.
- Immune Booster. Do you frequently catch the common cold or flu? Shilajit boosts the immune system, and has proved to be effective over and over again in many double-blind placebo tests against the common cold.
What does the research say about Shilajit benefits?
There is a growing body of evidence that confirms or supports the many traditional beneficial claims made about shilajit as an ayurvedic medicine. You can find links to many of these papers on our article Does Shilajit Work. The popularity of shilajit has rapidly climbed in the last several years and we expect that it will soon be widely known and used throughout the world for it’s many health benefits and uses.
As general interest in shilajit ayurveda continues to grow more and more scientists will increasingly make it a priority to test the uses of shilajit in a laboratory setting. The vast majority of research thus far has been very positive, and instead of dismissing shilajit ayurveda as just another fad “natural health remedy” the science has actually confirmed many surprising health benefits. Below is a small but growing list of scientifically validated health benefits and medicinal uses.
Be sure to check back occasionally as we will continue to keep this article updated with the latest research confirmed health benefits of this powerful Ayurvedic medicine.
Uses of Shilajit as an ayurvedic medicine:
- Anti-inflammation for arthritis and rheumatism
- Alzheimer’s prevention
- Cognitive and Memory Enhancer
- Fertility Increases, motility and count
- High Altitude Problems/hypoxia, sickness, lethargy, depression
- Influenza /Common Cold
- Mental and physical rejuvenation or anti aging benefits
- Nootropic/Smart Drug /Cognitive and Memory Enhancer
- Pain Relief and Injury Repair
- Stress and Anxiety reduction
- Ulcer Repair
Uses of Shilajit for Fertility Benefits